- what is our role?
- what are current & upcomming challenges?
- what is the solution?
May 5, 2017
* Chief, Zika Virus Risk Index Taskforce (reported to IC)
leaders in analytics
* identified neighborhoods at highest risk for local transmission
* planned data pipeline & analyses
* developed timelines & workflows for EnvOps & SurvEpi
leaders in planning & communication
* organized dozens of outreach teams
* radio interview (Spanish)
* televised zika hotline (Spanish)
hard-working & agile team—only had hours to complete IC requests
limited capacity for data viz as analysts routinely clean & calculate summary stats
limited monies as SAS & Tableau have a recurring yearly cost
limited human-hours as we contain emergency response within the division
limited capacity for data viz Data Unit has led training of 60 analysts in R, 40 left to go limited monies Open-source software like R & Python are free limited human-hours R & Python inherently facilitate reproducibility & code sharing
Katherine Whittemore, MPH
Chaorui Huang, PhD
David E. Lucero, PhD